Sunday, March 1, 2009

It begins...


I bought boots! I just won these Lucchese vintage 70s leather cowboy boots off ebay for $39 ($50 with shipping). This is a huge discount for shoes that tend to cost anywhere from $200-$300 at stores here. I'm pretty excited. It seems everybody in Austin has dress-up boots (what Converse are to Chicago hipsters are what boots are to 20-something Austinites). It's a trend I like to call western chic. I was highly influenced by the fad (which probably can't be called a fad as it has existed for decades) and couldn't resist any longer. I'm already working my head through the skirts and jeans I can wear with them.
This seems to be a sign that I've assimilated. So, for all you doubters out there that are pretty sure that you would never take to Texas....give it about 5 months.

2 comments:

ariel said...

I love the boots! I have had the same pair of cowboy boot since Freshmen year of highschool and I have finally started to really wear them this year, and they now have that nice worn look that yours have. You can wear those with everything too!

Admin said...

Fun!